Top 20 Questions and Answers in Job Interview

Questions and answers in job interview - As we prepare for our interview, we may be considering which questions the employer is going to ask us. While there’s no way to know for sure what topics will be covered, there are several popular interview questions we can expect to be asked.

Every interviewer is different and their questions may vary. By preparing answers for these common interview questions, we can develop compelling talking points to make a great impression during our next job interview.

Acing a job interview has as much to do with the way we prepare as it does our poise and confidence in the interview chair.

We should spend the time leading up to our interview learning as much as we can about the company we’re applying to, from the company’s culture to the interview questions that are likely to be asked. If our research is thorough, we will be in a great position to ace our job interview and get the job we’ve been dreaming of.

Questions and Answers in Job Interview img

These interview questions and answers examples will cover how to use Glassdoor to prepare for and ace our interview in common interview questions.

1. Tell me about yourself?

Right answer sample

"I worked at a small shop for three years doing 45 projects a year, meeting 100% of my deadlines. Then I worked for a bigger firm with clients like Google and Microsoft—with 98% client satisfaction. I collaborated with the team to win an A’ Design Award. I’m excited to step into a role like this that’s designed around that kind of efficiency and collaboration."

2. How did you hear about this job?

Right answer sample

"I saw it on a website. It was the perfect match because you need a PHP Programmer skilled in gathering project requirements and working with mySQL. In my last job, I built 95% of our customer jobs with Visual Editor. I gathered all the project requirements myself and managed to keep customer satisfaction scores at 98%."

3. Why are you applying for this job?

Right answer sample

"You’re looking for someone experienced in pairs programming and Scrum. I’ve been part of three programming pairs in five years. In the first we raised code efficiency 47%. In the second we helped the team win a BOSSIE Award. In that job I was on a Scrum team that delivered 18 projects 23% under budget."

4. What are you passionate about?

Right answer sample

"I love putting customers together with products that enrich their lives. At Chiller Outfitters we were tasked with maintaining thorough product knowledge. I got 97% positive customer satisfaction scores for that. As a result, my sales figures were 13% higher than the store average."

5. Why do you want to work here?

Right answer sample

"This is a high-end office with a great team. Your employees voted you the best place to work in New Hampshire. I know you’re looking for an administrative assistant good at resolving customer complaints. At CRM Mineral, I did that 41% faster than the previous assistant by triaging complaints and quickly escalating larger issues."

6. What motivates you?

Right answer sample

"I’m motivated by a student-guided learning environment with great co-workers like you have here. I loved that at my last school. It drove me to double my professional development hours. I learned a lot about test-taking strategies, and my kids raised their averages by 25% in seven months."

7. Why are you a good fit for this position?

Right answer sample

"I’m a good fit because you need an efficient nurse who is professional under pressure. At XXX Hospital, we had a full ward and fast-paced schedule. The charge nurse commended me four times for efficiency and teamwork."

8. Why are you the best person for this job?

Right answer sample

"You need a business analyst who knows how to redesign customer communication protocols and fulfillment processes. I did that at Huffman Barco when outdated systems pushed our costs up. I was able to save the company $3 million a year."

9. What interests you about this position?

Right answer sample

"The job offer jumped out at me. You need someone who knows about app prioritization and network monitoring. At AccuRight Solutions, I used those tools to boost network performance 29%."

10. Why should we hire you?

Right answer sample

"You need an accountant who can support general accounting functions in the monthly close process for a high-volume firm. I did that at Amex for six years. I spotted a hidden issue that saved $2.5 million. I also redesigned our cloud computing policies and saved $290,000 a year in labor hours spent on security."

11. Describe What you do in your current position

Right answer sample

"I’m a Scrum Master in a team of nine SaaS employees. In my daily work, I shield the team and improve process efficiency. When I first took the job the team wasn’t hitting deadlines. I implemented an automation drive and Kanban system that raised velocity 24%."

12. How do you deal with pressure?

Right answer sample

"I meditate about 30 minutes a day and go to the gym. It helps all the time. Once at Pizza Palace we were short-staffed. The cut-and-cash guy was behind and started complaining. I stayed calm and took a break to help. He came over later and thanked me. The next time we got slammed, he stayed calm too."

13. Why did you leave your last job?

Right answer sample

"My last job as an account manager was great. I got to do a side project in process improvement that saved $19,000 a month. Now that I’m trained as a Six Sigma Black Belt, I’m ready to make that the center of my career."

14. Why are you changing careers?

Right answer sample

"I’ve always been interested in tech. I loved my job as an office manager, but my favorite part was the system administrator duties. Saving the company $18,000 a year by automating our system monitoring and relocating our hardware was a real high point for me. I want to make that more central to my job."

15. What do you know about our company?

Right answer sample

"I know you make the finest golf products in the world. I also know you’re looking to raise your market share, which is why I’m so excited about this job. At Phair Sports, I grew business 61% in three years and consistently exceeded sales goals."

16. What’s your dream job?

Right answer sample

"A job like this where I can do end-to-end project management for multiple projects in a Lean business environment. At Raytheon we had to cut costs drastically or lose $69 million in contracts. I managed our Lean training project that improved quality by 28% while cutting costs 39%. We kept the contracts and the client ordered $49 million in new work. I’d love to have that kind of impact full time."

17. What are you most proud of?

Right answer sample

"When I was an executive assistant at Kallas, our top execs were spending too much time on customer misunderstandings. I created a call system that eliminated 89% of those and saved nine executive hours a week."

18. Are you open to relocating?

Right answer sample

"For this job, yes. I’m excited about it because it uses the multidisciplinary design process. At D & D, I used that to develop one multi-million dollar projects with 13% less rework than my colleagues. I would definitely relocate to do that full time."

19. What are your salary requirements?

Answer too low and we look cheap. Too high and we could scare them off. So, be expensive, but with wiggle room. We’ll look like a deal.

For this interview questions example, the average salary is $25,000.

Right answer sample

"I’d like to make $29,000, but that’s negotiable. I talked with two of your current CNAs and they love working here. That’s worth a lot."

20. Do you have any questions for me?

Ask questions that show our interest and understanding.

Top 5 questions to ask to an interviewer

  1. What’s the next step?
  2. How long does your hiring process take?
  3. What would you expect me to accomplish in my first six months?
  4. What would my day-to-day routine be?
  5. What’s the key to succeeding at this role?

Click On Below links To Download Job Interview Questions and Answers in PDF files.

Related Posts

Post a Comment

Subscribe Our Newsletter